Iberico Sausage and Beans, Serves 2 as a main dish and 4 as part of a larger meal
- 4 Iberico Sausages
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 3 cups cooked white beans (such as navy or cannellini)
- 8 ounces baby spinach, washed
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat. Preheat for 1 minute.
- Add the sausage and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until the sausage has a near brown sear. Flip and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the sausages on a plate or tray – do not remove the fat from the pan.
- Add the garlic and onions to the pan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes until the garlic is lightly toasted and the onions have begun to soften.
- Add the spinach and wilt slightly before adding the beans. Stir together and cook until hot.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt if necessary.
- To serve, place the beans on a serving platter or individual plates. Top with either whole or sliced sausage.