lsaican Iberico Porkchop with Potato and chukrut
- 2 Iberico pork chop
- Potatoes (You can use another starch here. We pre-blanched the)
- Salt & pepper
- Accompanying Meats (Regular thick bacon and Sausage)
- Start with whole rib rack and cut out one loin chop.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sear pork chops on a hot pan both sides for 90 seconds with only a little bit of olive oil. A lot of fat will render out.
- Our starch choice are potatoes. We are using blanched pealed baby potatoes. We will poor some of the rendered fat from the pork chops onto the potatoes.
- Lightly braise Sauerkraut in pork-fat as well.
- Throw pork chops in the oven at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes. We are looking for a medium rare temperature.
- Remove from oven, debone pork chop, slice diagonally in 1 inch slices.
- To prepare the plate: Place sauerkraut at the base, potato around, drizzle sauce, a few slices of additional smoked porkbelly and salami.
- Pork chop placed in the center of the plate.
Comment below if you tried this and what you thought. Tell us any variations you tried !