Iberico Braised Cheeks in Brown Beer
- Iberico Pork Cheeks - Salt & Pepper
- Carrots and onion
- Brown Beer. We used Belgian Trappist beer.
- Pork stock.
- Thyme bunch.
- We added some truffle for extra fun!
- Sear both sides of the pork cheeks on high heat with a little bit of olive oil.
- Add carrots, onions into the same pan and leave to roast for a few minutes.
- Add a bit of mustard and brown bear and let it reduce. French cooking is all about reduction !
- Add some pork stock and a bunch of thyme in the pot for more aromatic feel
- Throw into the oven at 300F for just over an hour to ensure the pork is nice and tender throughout
- Once out of the oven, let the cheeks cool down and sear them again in a pan to get a crust.
- The prepare the dish, we put a base of truffle potato puree on the bottom of the bowl.
- Add pork cheeks, carrots, onions.
- Top with some crispy onions.
- Devour it all !
Comment below if you tried this and what you thought. Tell us any variations you tried !